Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I want I want I want....

Today was nice, had a conference call. I felt all businessy took notes, nodded, and said “mmhmm” over and over again. I get the feeling conferences calls and meetings can get real old real fast. I've been on one on one calls for the past 3 days.

I got a phone for home now. It is an IP-Phone. Although it is not nearly as nice as the Cisco phones I got to work with a while ago it is spiffy to have around. The phone is next to my bed so one of these days I know someone is going to call me at what is my 4am


I've found that the more intelligent, unique, and “random” a person claims to be the more ignorant, insipid, and cookie-cutter they really are. Donno but I don't think being “unique” is something you set out to do. Those that actually are aren't trumpeting the fact.

And so I was thinking of spending a -lot- of money on things that I probably should be getting. I don't really “do” photography as in I don't go places to take pictures of things. There isn't much here in my town that interest me however when I do take pictures of things here and there I've felt the limitation of my camera. I suppose that is inevitable regardless of what camera had. Even so I've looked around.

I'm not a real photographer and don't -need- any of this but I want to do what I call “Going Red Ring” I currently have the Canon Rebel Digital XSi/Canon EOS Kiss Digital x2/Canon EOS 450D weighing in at 600~800usd. I don't really think I would feel comfortable with a red ring lense on this camera. The camera that I've been looking at is the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, a 4,000~5,000usd camera. What made me -really- want this is the following video:


The Mark II is also full frame and that means a lot.

However I found you can do this with just about any camcorder as long as you have a “DOF Adapter”. Anyway, Red Ring; the red ring lens are generally better: better build, better functionality, and more quality in the picture. However they come with a price, a hefty price, My current prime lens, the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 goes for about 300~500usd while the red-ring version or the “L series” goes for about 1,300~2,300usd. And the lens I have is in the middle of them. The one below it, the Canon EFF 50mm f/1.8 II goes for about 82~150usd, and I think that is the one most amateurs have.

I'm just wanty. But I guess its good to have dreams and know/show restraint.

Also I think my laptop may be at the end of its days here soon. I'm not sure but sometimes she acts silly for no reason, sometimes at BIOS/POST, OS startup, OS usage, and shutdown. She'll do things like hang for longer than usual or be slower than usual. I haven't really sat down and dried for figure out whats wrong and further than HDD or RAM replacements there isn't much that can be done for a laptop a replacement motherboard would be the only other option and that normally costs just as much as the machine originally did. So I was thinking of getting one of the new macbooks because they are...well...nice. I'd probably get the 2.4GHz 15-inch pro or the 2.0GHz 13-inch base model. But of course I don't really use all of that power and I don't need it just in case. Again...being wanty.

In addition to those two I want to go back over seas! Thats a good 5,000~8,000usd depending on where I go and how I do it.

I always tell people to try not to buy/live outside of their income. Gotta live by that! I've been Interneting too much recently Need to get back into 'dem boox Some links:

I just found out about Ronald Jenkees
The silly ape-like haters he gets......



and:


I wish I had a talent so I could produce things.....Going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment