Tuesday, January 6, 2009

金曜日

I'm going to make mixed fish stew tomorrow.

So I've been trying to carefully work with my site today. One of the hard things is keeping project scope. This was mentioned somewhat in "The Pragmatic Programmer" Don't go adding all kinds of stuff that wasn't in the original idea mid way through the project.That just makes things more complicated and drawn out.

I also took to actively trying to apply Occam's Razor to my project. if it is too complicated then it isn't right. I've almost got the writer for the gallery done, I just need to build the case-switch tree that handles the index page; that'll decide which objects to instantiate. I like case switch trees more than if else trees. I also learned about implode today I imploded all kinds of things today just 'cuz. That is how I roll. I only managed to use it maybe twice though.

One problem with Geany is that when you are doing things you aren't supposed to be doing like working over FTP it has a bit of lag in the commands. I'm starting to like Geany more and more and dislike Rhythmbox more and more. I found that those little numbers in the brackets are the line number for the corresponding symbol



For some reason I think the construct was a bad idea. Donno why though, I guess we'll find out eventually.....

Coding is really pleasant. You get to make something, like Legos. it is even better when in a comfortable environment.

I think I'm going to cut back updating to the Friday of every week rather than everyday. Not like I got a whole lot to say anyway.

Feeling really down right now, need some chocolate and a hug. ( ó Ոò)

No comments:

Post a Comment