Monday, March 16, 2009

空しい

Today was pretty empty. Half of it was sucked up by meetings. The other half was me trying to wiggle out of taking the ACT/SAT If I have to take either of those I won't be able to hop into next semesters classes. The person I spoke with said they have another test for people who have been out of HS for more than 5 years, I'm hoping it is the New Mexico Competency exam because I took that while I was still competent and got half-way decent scores. Odds are it isn't that test but is actually a test far more difficult than either the ACT or SAT. If I had to take one or the other I'd probably want to take the ACT. I've come to the understanding that it is applied knowledge and not learned and memorized knowledge...of course there is a 99% chance I am horribly horribly wrong and am walking into a terrible terrible trap.

If I get to go to college I'll probably go in for a Computer Science degree and minor in Asian studies (spoken japanese). Their site says most CS majors get a Computer Engineer minor but being an engineer is esentially being a mad scientist. I'm depressed not diabolical - big difference there.

After I get the degree I would like to work in the tiresome japanese workforce and I would need to get a couple certifications; JLPT 2(at least) and the CCNP Japan -loves- certifications. At least that is what I heard.

I can probably start working on the CCNP now but it'll have expired by the time I get done with school so...eh...

so here is this:
うち に あそび に きて ください
"Please come over to my house"

smart.fm says it means "please come over to my house" but I see the word asobi which is roughly "playing" or "play thing" so it is confusing to think about. Perhaps it is one of those set in stone phrases that isn't ment to be translated word for word but intentionally.

Meh...

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on getting in to college! :)

    ReplyDelete